Please make sure your submission meets the following criteria.
- Includes a header in the correct format. (see above).
- Includes your written permission with your signature (required once; see above).
- Work is 1,200 words or less. (We may reject your piece if it’s substantially longer).
- Submitting no more than 3 poems per submission.
- Includes a suggested headline/title.
- Obtained all facts in your work firsthand and attribute them to your sources.
- Properly attributed all data mentioned in your work (you say where the data came from).
- Story is not about your individual case (per PJP policy).
- Story does not violate PJP editorial policy.
- You have signed the Publishing/Licensing Permission Form in our Submission Guidelines and included it with your first submission. We will not publish your story without a signed form.
Download a PDF version of our complete Submission Guidelines.