- PJP Revamps With New Logo, Website, Print Newspaper and J-School
New interface and expanded programs gives PJP a new strategic framework for pushing the boundaries of journalism inside prison.
- Elizabeth Share Joins Prison Journalism Project’s Board of Advisors
Share has decades of experience in nonprofit fundraising and has served as a trusted advisor to many organizations.
- Prison Journalism Project Receives Knight Foundation Grant
$20,000 one-time grant will enable PJP to transform its digital publication.
- PJP Co-Founder Named to INN’s 2021 Emerging Leaders Council
The Institute for Nonprofit News recognized Prison Journalism Project co-founder and co-executive director Yukari Kane as one of 13 leaders with potential to reinvent independent news.
- SPJ, PJP Partner on National Virtual Incarcerated Chapter
The Society of Professional Journalists is partnering with PJP to create a national, virtual chapter of incarcerated journalists serving time in corrections facilities across the country.
- Prison Journalism Project Launches Story of the Week
Story of the Week is PJP’s featured pick for each week for which writers will receive an honorarium.
- PJP Announces Advisory Board
Newly Established Board of Advisors is Led by Bill Keller, Founding Editor-in-Chief of The Marshall Project.
- PJP Co-Founder Named RJI Fellow
The Missouri Journalism School’s Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute (RJI) named Prison Journalism Project co-founder and co-executive director Yukari Kane as one of its eight 2021-2022 fellows.
- Prison Journalism Writer Honored
PJP writer Steve Brooks wins Commentary/Analysis Award from the Society of Professional Journalists.